skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Thing 21 Digital Citizenship
My score was so low on the digital citizenship test. I really do not want to publish it. I knew that my computer literacy was limited. The old man found out how much by taking this course. Oh well the score was a 22. I really thought I was doing well on the test until I finished it. Parents should be the main force in the kids computer access and education. They should be the major force in all phases of their education. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the trend. With the breakdown of the family,we as teachers have taken on too many of the parents responsibilities. Manners and social skills have really suffered in the past few years. Their social skills are really atrocious. They only think about themselves and what makes them happy. I was always told by my mother never write something that you did not want others to know. Today that is really good advice to all of us. We as teachers whether we like it or not are the main line of communication to our student. Its our responsibility to teach them computer etiquette. The computer is here to stay, and it will become more prevalent in the educational system.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The old man
Followers
Blog Archive
▼
2010
(6)
▼
January
(6)
thing 23
Thing 22
Thing 21 Digital Citizenship
Thing 20 Organization
Thing 5d
Thing 19 Podcast
►
2009
(23)
►
December
(7)
►
November
(1)
►
October
(4)
►
September
(11)
About Me
The Old man
I am a Special Education teacher at Apalachee High School. I have been in Education and coaching for the past 39 years. I have two children Heather a teacher and coach at Social Circle, and a son Chad, who is the head wrestling coach at Winder Barrow. I love coaching. it has been very rewarding to me.I am going to retire this year and hope to stay involved in coaching.
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment