Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thing 5(b)

Teaching Adapted Physical Education has truly had an effect upon my life. I am amazed by the number of things these kids can accomplish despite their disabilities. At how happy they can be while struggling with things we know as simple. We as so called normal people go through life feeling bad because of some everyday pain. Step back and look at how amazing these people can be. An, article in the google reader led me to think about all of this. It was about Phenomenon Man. Here was a child born with no arms and legs, just a body. He is twenty-six years old and can do most things that we take for granted. He can turn on lights, shave, open a faucet, use a phone, use a computer(most likely better than me), swim, play golf, surf, and most of all live. Read the article. you may also be amazed.

3 comments:

  1. He really seems to embrace life, whether he has arms or not. He looks happier than Kyle Maynard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about Nick before and was truly inspired by his story. He is a remarkable young man who will make you think twice before you complain again. Thanks for the link to that awesome site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to school (and graduated with) a guy who has Trisomy 13. He did EVERYTHING that other people did. He played football, wrestled, and took driver's ed. He drove better than I did. I never heard a bad word against him the whole time I was in school with him. He was popular and had lots of friends. When you looked at him, you didn't see the disability, you saw beyond that to his heart and personality. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete