Monday, October 12, 2009
Thing 9
Never in my limited internet use have I noticed the cc on any websites I have used. Very seldom do I ever copy anything from them. Most of the students I teach are not required to produce work from the internet. Since I have a limited knowledge of what is proper, I realize that most of my students also have a limited knowledge. A lot of them download pictures, music, and information for their own personal use without even thinking about copy rights. Before taking this class, I did not even know how to upload a video clip or picture to use in my classroom. I think it is very important for all students to understand what they can use and what constitutes infringement. English class is where I first learned the process of research for books and to give the author credit for his works. Do we as educators teach what is proper in computer generated work? I do not know the answer to this . Web 2.0 has afforded me a number of first in my educational life. Sharing information over the internet is one of them. Most of the information i use in my class room is from books and information from the school library. I also have a lot of materials from my past teachers, some things in my head i don't really know where they came from. Negatives, maybe limiting a person research of his topic. My students at the present time, do not use the internet in the classroom, but they should know what is proper usage. As stated before, I don't use anything from the internet. I am excited about the possibilities and look forward to using the internet in my classroom. This class has provided me with much needed information. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment