Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thing 10

Flickr was a massive undertaking. There were so many things to look at. I looked at beach pictures from all over the world for over an hour. Almost any word that crossed my mind, a picture related to that word in some way or another could be found. I struggled for a long time with uses for this in my classroom. I teach a very low level geography class. My students tend to be unmotivated and quickly turned off by things that don't interest them. Our video collection here is very good,and I frequently use them as a visual stimulation while we discuss different aspects of geography. Mountains, rivers, plateaus, valleys, glaciers, are just a few of the things we cover in physical geography. I thought I could use the pictures a visual stimulation, and introduction to the topic that we are going to cover next. The pictures from Invaxion on Flickr were good examples of mountains and there structure. It will make for a good introduction to the lesson. Flickr, and creative common can be a good resource for me in the future.












Image by Invaxion on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment