Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thing 2

Blog writing is more informal, conversational, relaxed. The writer is looking for a response from his audience. Some kind of feedback, new ideas, Is he on the right track, or is he way off base. He wants others to accept his ideas as fact. He is basically trying to sell his ideas to the reader. The reader in return can accept the writers observations, make comments, add information. The premise is ever changing. If I produce an idea and place it on a blog I can get immediate feedback from a diverse audience. Someone out there might come up with something i never though of. This is what education is all about. Blogs include everyone the timid, the strong, the writer, the talker, the person who would never answer in the classroom but might have the missing information. This is the future of education.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that "the writer is looking for a response from his audience," but I failed to put that into words. How does this whole audience thing work with blogs anyway? Is the world our audience? How do we know our audience before we begin writing? It seems with blogs that our audience develops over time? Do you think this is true or are we writing for a certain audience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you described the writer. I really didn't think so much about the writer looking for comments as much as the writer just getting his/her ideas "out there". I still tend to think of the internet as a one-way street where we search for information on topics, more like a dictionary or an encyclopedia or a way to keep up with the news. I guess that makes me the "old" woman in that respect. I'm just coming out of Web 1.0, and your comments have really helped me change the way I view the net.

    ReplyDelete